At The American Center for Biological Medicine (ACBM), we would like to take a moment to thank our health-crazed patients and avid blog readers. We want to end June’s theme of Better in Health, Better in Bed on a high note by consulting directly with the man behind the ACBM name, Dr. Jeoffrey Drobot, NMD. Dr. Drobot is a Naturopathic Medical Doctor and one of the founders of the ACBM. We asked him a number of questions about IV therapy and how it can help improve your body and your sex life.
We know that an intravenous (IV) drip is often associated with a visit to the hospital, but, in truth, IV therapies are vast and wide and exist in a variety of different “cocktails” so to speak to better help those health nuts and elite athletes out there achieve a sense of optimal health. Below, Dr. Drobot explains those vast and wide benefits of IV therapies and their effect on achieving a healthy body and a healthy sex life.
How does the body benefit from IV Therapy?
Dr. Drobot says that IV therapy is the most effective way of receiving the majority of vitamins and nutrients needed to improve your health primarily due to the increased amount of absorption. Many oral supplements can only be absorbed properly up to a certain dose without causing undesirable side effects. For example, Vitamin C taken in high doses orally causes gastrointestinal discomfort and diarrhea, which is not exactly pleasant to encounter when preparing for an intimate moment.
Dr. Drobot continues, “The best route to absorb the nutrients we’ll be discussing today is through the bloodstream of the body. Not only are the vitamins and nutrients being absorbed at nearly 100%, but there is little to no gastrointestinal side effects from the infusions because the digestive tract is being bypassed.”
What vitamins can I take at home to increase my energy in the bedroom?
Vitamin C – Liposomal Vitamin C is absorbed better than a pill or capsule form. It helps increase blood flow, which is necessary for the genitals. Vitamin C, in turn, can increase sexual performance and function and can decrease the downtime of your acute illnesses.
- Vitamin B12 – An at-home injection therapy or active formulation of B vitamins is absorbed best in an at-home scenario. Vitamin B12 increases energy, improves immune function, and decreases symptoms of fatigue and low stamina.
L-Arginine – The powder form or liquid form of L-Arginine is the best for absorption. L-Arginine causes vasodilation allowing more blood flow and circulation to the entire body, including the penis and the vagina. L-Arginine can also increase muscle mass, decrease body fat, improve cardiovascular health, and improve fertility.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E capsules or liquid allows for the strongest form of absorption. Vitamin E helps to increase blood circulation and the amount of vaginal secretions, which allows for a more pleasurable experience for women.
Magnesium – Magnesium pills, powder, oils, or an Epsom salt soak in the bath are all great ways for absorption. Magnesium increases blood circulation by causing vasodilation, which increases blood flow to genitals in both males and females. Magnesium also helps in the production and transmission of hormones such as estrogen, testosterone, as well as several neurotransmitters. This also adds to the healthy production of sperm and eggs for reproduction, which can improve erectile dysfunction in men. In addition, magnesium can also aid in helping you relax from a stressful day and decrease your physical tension.
What IV therapies do you offer patients at the ACBM?
- Rehydrate IV – Dehydration can cause several symptoms in the body, some of which can consist of dry mucus membranes (vaginal and oral included), headaches, nausea, dizziness, and a feeling of overall exhaustion. This 30- to 60-minute infusion of electrolyte or colloidal infusion can rapidly rehydrate the body and almost instantly resolve some of the symptoms of dehydration that may be presenting.
Power Push – Perfect for patients who desire to increase their energy and endurance, but have a very busy schedule. This 15-minute infusion is formulated with essential vitamins and minerals specific to increase energy and quickly.
- Energy Drip (a.k.a, Myers’ Cocktail) – This IV is packed full of vitamins and minerals that will keep the body from feeling fatigued and get rid of low energy and/or low stamina in bed. This drip is filled with Vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium, and a long list of other influential nutrients.
Immune IV – Is your partner avoiding you because you are sick? This is the IV for you. Not only can this IV shorten the duration of your illness, but it can also increase your stamina in the bedroom. This powerful dose of vitamins and minerals is formulated to support both acute and chronic illnesses. The Immune IV contains a strong dose of vitamin C and can boost your immune system and decrease the recovery time from your illness. High doses of Vitamin C (15 grams or more) have been proven to combat infections and are found in high concentrations within immune cells. During an infectious period, your immune cells rapidly deplete their store of Vitamin C decreasing your immune system. By increasing the immune cells’ Vitamin C levels, it allows the body to recover quickly back to a normal immune state.
- Performance IV – Originally designed for athletic performance and recovery, this IV has added potential benefits that are suitable for likewise achieving a better sex life. This IV is packed with all the vitamins and nutrients from our Energy IV with an increased amount of hydration and an addition of amino acids. Among these amino acids is arginine, which has been proven to increase blood flow and circulation. The vagina and penis have a network of blood vessels that are essential for sensation and arousal. This 45- to 60-minute infusion can not only help you on your way to improving your performance, but can help with your cardiovascular health keeping you young and agile.
- Glutathione – Your body operates best when it is clean and detoxified. Glutathione is the “Master Antioxidant” in your body and can play a very important role in cleaning up toxins and protecting cellular health by clearing out free radicals. Not only is glutathione helpful for keeping you feeling great, but it also keeps you looking great. Glutathione helps to brighten the skin and can be used in combination with other therapies to increase the collagen production in the body. This IV can be added to an existing infusion or be given by itself in quick drip.
How often should I get IV therapy?
Dr. Drobot generally recommends 4 to 8 IV infusions per month for the average patient. Every patient is different and requires slightly different doses, which can be customized to the patient’s own needs. At the ACBM, we have a highly trained staff of physicians and nurses to help you design the right combination and fit for you.
Let us be part of your life-changing experience!
About Dr. Jeoffrey Drobot, NMD
Dr. Jeoffrey Drobot is one of the founders and medical directors of The American Center for Biological Medicine. He graduated from the University of Calgary with a degree in Exercise Physiology and then pursed his doctorate degree from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon. He has gained an international presence with clinics in both Canada and the United States and is sought out regularly by organizations and elite athletes for his medical expertise. His supplement line, PeakBio, is being utilized by the best coaches and practitioners in the fields of health and fitness. Dr. Drobot serves as a leading authority in the fields of European Biological Medicine, chronic and autoimmune disease treatments, detoxification, hormonal imbalance correction, and customized sports medicine and nutrition programs.